The Ashland Rotary Foundation (ARF) of the Rotary Club of Ashland has awarded 10 scholarships to Ashland High School and three scholarships to Southern Oregon University students totaling $42,500 in scholarships.
The scholarships awarded to the Ashland High School students were one-year scholarships valued at $3,500 each. Three one-year scholarships were awarded to Southern Oregon University students valued at $2,500 each.
The following students from Ashland High School were awarded $3,500 scholarships:
• Sofia Baldridge, Bret Bernard Scholarship Award, attending University of Oregon Honors College;
• Kleya Dhenin, John and Gladys Billings Scholarship Award, attending California Luthern University;
• Hannah Hilden, Earl and Maurece Lininger Family Scholarship Award, attending Lewis & Clark College;
• Frankie Mora, Dick and Jean Bernard Scholarship Award, attending University of Oregon Honors College;
• Isabella Ruikis, William and Judy Rupp Scholarship Award, attending Rogue Community College;
• Viviana Banda Milan, Jim and Betty Mattesen Award, attending Portland State University;
• Erin Beaudoin, TC Chevy Award, attending Whitman College;
• Tessa Buckley, Bob Edwards Scholarship Award, attending University of Southern California;
• Lukas MacMillen, Ashland Rotary Foundation Scholarship Award, attending University of Oregon; and
• Angelina Padilla Rosales, Ashland Rotary Foundation Scholarship Award, attending either Rogue or Lane Community College.
The following students from Southern Oregon University were awarded $2,500 scholarships:
• Jennifer Nitzky, Bob and Mollie Bennett Scholarship Award;
• Anna Moore, Jerry and Jeanne Taylor Scholarship Award; and
• Caitlyn Abshire, Ralph and Mary Herbold Scholarship Award.
The Ashland Rotary Foundation scholarship endowment provides scholarships annually to students at Ashland High School and Southern Oregon University and has awarded more than $650,000 since 1983.
Donations to the Ashland Rotary Foundation scholarship endowment are tax deductible. Donations are welcome from anyone wanting to contribute to the educational needs of future students. The Ashland Rotary Foundation also offers the opportunity to donate to a scholarship named on behalf of someone.
The Ashland Rotary Foundation was founded in 1971 by John Billings and has been awarding scholarships since 1983. More information about the Rotary Club of Ashland and the Ashland Rotary Foundation may be found at ashlandrotary.org.