Southern Oregon University is inviting the community to "get a little weird" at its third annual Oregon Fringe Festival. The festival began Monday, May 9, and runs through Saturday, May 14.
The Oregon Center of the Arts will present more than 24 student-driven art, video, music and theater acts on the SOU campus as part of the festival .
Performances include comedy improv, theatre, collective interactive art, poetry and special social media events. The festival is free and open to the public.
In addition to performances, there will be seven “fringe” art installations set up around the campus, including an adult fort. The fringe team, composed of SOU students, has planned several contests and surprises to take place throughout the event.
The festival closes Saturday with “Light Night Out: A Fringe Finale,” starting at 6:30 p.m. at the SOU art complex. It features a local band, unique performances, a light show and dancing.
Following are some of the planned events. For more information and a complete schedule of events, visit www.oregonfringefestival.org:
• Tuesday, May 10: 3:30 p.m., drumming, SU Rock Circle.
• Wednesday, May 11: 12:30 p.m., Love Affair with Square 2, SU Courtyard; 1 p.m., Collective Resonance, SU Rock Circle; 4 p.m., Lots-a-Theater, CVA Courtyard.
• Thursday, May 12: 12:30 p.m. Rap Show Garage Sale, SU Courtyard.
• Friday, May 13: 11 a.m., Collective Resonance, SU Rock Circle; 1 p.m., Lots-a-Theater, CVA Courtyard; 11:45 p.m., Hazards of Love, CVA Courtyard.
• Saturday, May 14: 6:30 p.m., Light Night Out, CVA Courtyard and Meese Auditorium.