Investigators suspect a woodstove sparked a fire that destroyed a house in the southern Oregon community of Talent.

Staff reports

TALENT — Investigators suspect a woodstove sparked a fire that destroyed a house in the southern Oregon community of Talent.

Fire crews knocked down the flames in three minutes, but the blaze left 61-year-old Jack Shaw and his two teenage children with no place to live.

Shaw said Wednesday he has lived in the one-story house since he was 19, and it's the only home his children have known. The family's Jack Russell terrier died in the blaze.

The Red Cross gave the family a voucher for a temporary hotel room.