Five best bets of the day
Posted: 7:00 AM May 21, 2014
Looking for something to do today? Here are our picks for Wednesday, May 21:
- Learn about common backyard birds 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Northwest Nature Shop, 154 Oak St., Ashland. Shannon Rio will use pictures, stories and fun facts about Rogue Valley birds. The event costs $10. All ages are welcome, and no birding experience is necessary.
- Get up to speed on drought education 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the free drought awareness open house, held at the Medford library, 205 S. Central Ave., Medford.
- There will be a memorial bike ride to honor bicyclists killed in traffic accidents 7 to 8 p.m., starting in Hawthorne Park. The 12-mile ride will go out to Central Point and come back to the park on the Bear Creek Greenway. The event is free.
- The Grants Pass Summer Slam Rough Stock Rodeo will be held 7 to 9 p.m. at the Josephine County Fairgrounds. The gates will open at 4:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Veterans get in for $10 and children six and under get in for free.
- The Southern Oregon University Jazz Collective will perform numerous popular songs 9 to 11 p.m. at the Black Sheep, 51 N. Main St., in Ashland.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.