Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
To read more about today's national and international news, click here.
1. WHO HAS HARSH WORDS FOR SOUTH KOREA FERRY CREW
President Park Geun-hye says the captain and some crew members of the sunken ship committed "unforgivable, murderous acts," leaving more than 300 dead or missing.
2. BOSTON READY FOR SECOND-LARGEST RACE
Amid tight security, 36,000 runners will take part in the city's marathon one year after a terrorist attack turned this sporting event into a tragedy.
3. WHERE JOE BIDEN IS GOING
The U.S. vice president heads to Ukraine a day after violence erupts, despite an agreement aimed at easing tensions.
4. SHERPAS CONSIDERING A CLIMBING BOYCOTT
The ethnic community that has long taken climbers to Everest's peak are mourning the loss of 13 guides in an avalanche last week and protesting the government's response to their plight.
5. HOW A 16-YEAR-OLD CALIFORNIA BOY LANDED IN HAWAII - AND TROUBLE
A runaway, stowaway teen survives a trip halfway across the Pacific in an airplane wheel well, passed out for most of the trip.
6. HOUSING WOES CHALLENGE CUBA'S GOVERNMENT
Despite a liberalized real estate market, more than half a million Cubans lack adequate housing—and the money to buy expensive apartments.
7. WHY THE ER CAN BE DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN
Authors of a new study say far too many kids are getting codeine, despite recommended limits and the fact that better options are available.
8. BOXER WHO FOUGHT INJUSTICE DIES AT 76
Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, exonerated of murder charges after 19 years in jail, dies in Toronto.
9. LAND GRABS IMPERIL AFRICA'S ELEPHANTS
Political and military elites are seizing protected areas in one of the continent's last bastions for elephants, a nonprofit group's new report says.
10. IN COLO., '4/20' POT HOLIDAY TRIES TO GO MAINSTREAM
What started as a defiant gathering of marijuana activists years ago now has an official city permit, since the state legalized recreational use of the drug.