Print this ArticlePrint this Article Email this ArticleEmail this Article
Text Size: A | A | A

Fire damages mobile home

No injuries reported from blaze at Bear Creek Mobile Home Park
 Posted: 2:00 AM July 09, 2013

A bathroom fire Monday morning in a mobile home park in north Ashland displaced two people and likely cost a pet cat one of its nine lives.

Ashland Fire & Rescue and Jackson County Fire District No. 5 responded shortly after 8:30 a.m. to find smoke coming from a trailer in the Bear Creek Mobile Home Park near the north Interstate 5 interchange. They sent four engines and a water tender, as there was no hydrant access at the park on Corral Lane.

"We were able to get here and knock it down pretty quickly," said District 5 Chief Dan Marshall.

Fire crews also rescued the pet cat from inside, then supplied it with oxygen, he said.

"The cat's in good shape," Marshall said.

After 15 firefighters knocked down the flames, he said. American Red Cross volunteers provided assistance to the two adult residents with lodging, comfort kits and information about disaster health services and mental health support, according to a news release.

Reader Reaction
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.