Ashland-area elections yield no surprises
School board's three races were uncontested: Westrick, Skuratowicz and Covert Zeve
Posted: 2:00 AM May 22, 2013
Tuesday's district elections garnered a voter turnout of just 15.13 percent, or 17,923 votes countywide, according to the Jackson County Elections Office.
None of the races in Ashland were contested. Here were the vote counts in early returns:
Ashland School Board
- Position 1: Deneice Covert Zeve, 1,921 votes, 98.56 percent.
- Position 3: Eva Skuratowicz, 1,918 votes, 98.46 percent.
- Position 4: Jim Westrick, 1,680 votes, 98.25 percent.
Pinehurst School Board
- Position 1: Russ Branson, 45 votes, 100 percent.
- Position 2: Tad Cobb, 43 votes, 100 percent.
- Position 3: Alison Kling, 44 votes, 100 percent.
- Position 4: Benjamin E. Schumacher, 44 votes, 100 percent.
Colestin Fire District
- Position 1: Pam Haunschild, 26 votes, 96.3 percent.
- Position 2: Peggy A. Moore, 26 votes, 96.3 percent.
- Position 5: No candidates filed.
Greensprings Fire District
- Position 3: Terri Ayers, 33 votes, 100 percent.
- Position 4: Deb Evans, 33 votes, 100 percent.
- Position 5: Robert Given, 31 votes, 96.88 percent.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.