Video: Plaza department store

The corner of North Main Street and Winburn Way on the Ashland Plaza was a blacksmith shop in the 1890s, a department store from 1947 through the 1970s, then a womens dress shop. Since 1977, Small Change childrens clothing has occupied part of the space. In 1984, Gateway Real Estate moved in and remodeled and expanded in 2004. In the back of the building, Lithia Stationers became Sesame Asian Kitchen in 2009. Read the story in the Daily Tidings. (Janet Eastman/Ashland Daily Tidings)