A 25-year-old Ashland man died Tuesday of a suspected drug overdose, the third such death in Ashland in six weeks.
Maxwell "Max" Pinsky was found by emergency personnel in a home in the 4000 block of Clayton Road south of Ashland shortly after they received a 911 call at 4:55 p.m., according to Ashland Fire & Rescue.
They transported Pinsky to Ashland Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead and officials called the Jackson County Sheriff's Department to investigate.
Spokeswoman Andrea Carlson said the cause of death could not be confirmed until toxicology reports were completed, but "circumstantial evidence suggests that it was a drug overdose."
Carlson would not elaborate on the evidence or what drug was suspected in Pinsky's death. Toxicology reports can take six to eight weeks to complete, Carlson said.
Authorities weren't sure whether Pinsky was living at the address on Clayton Road, but Carlson said they believed he had been "couch surfing" recently.
Pinsky was the son of longtime Ashland musician and businessman David Pinsky, who founded the Ashland Blues Society.
"I loved him dearly," David Pinsky said today. "He was a great kid."
David Pinsky said Max was a friend of Jordan Roth, 34, who was found dead from a suspected heroin overdose on Dec. 4 in his Ashland home. Just 24 hours earlier, the body of another Ashland man, Colin McKean, was found by a family member in his home.
"It was a really tough struggle for the last year," David Pinsky said.
Max Pinsky had been arrested on two separate drug charges in the last five months. One was for heroin possession, on Aug. 16, to which he pleaded not guilty in September, according to court records. On Nov. 25, he was arrested on a charge of methamphetamine possession. He pleaded not guilty to that charge on Jan. 10.
— Mandy Valencia