Nicholson, Silbiger honored at Chamber of Commerce event
Posted: 2:00 AM October 19, 2012
Oregon Shakespeare Festival Executive Director Paul Nicholson was named Honorary Life Member and Ashland City Councilor Russ Silbiger was honored as Citizen of the Year during the Ashland Chamber of Commerce's 106th Annual Dinner Celebration Thursday night.
More than 230 guests attended the dinner, held at the Historic Ashland Armory.
Ashland Chamber President Lisa Beam, co-owner of Sesame Asian Kitchen and Pasta Piatti, was re-elected to serve a second year term as president.
The top awards for the evening were presented to many individuals for their business successes and community contributions.
The awards are:
- 2011 Top Chef, Ashland Culinary Festival: David Georgeson of Larks
- Emerging Business of the Year: Boulton & Son Butchers
- Green Business of the Year: Solar Styles
- Greeter of the Year: Steven and Loren Fogelman
- Service Business of the Year: Anderson Auto Body & Paint
- Retail Business of the Year: Fashions for Windows & Interiors
- Manufacturing Business of the Year: Caldera Brewing Co.
- Community Volunteer of the Year: Gordon Roda, Fourth of July chairman
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year: Jack Altman
- Honorary Life Member: Paul Nicholson, retiring executive director of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Citizen of the Year: Russ Silbiger, Ashland City Council member
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication. All comments are subject to moderation.